Monday 22 July 2013

Street Feast - Dalston Yard


On Friday evening I was getting a much needed pedicure at Nails 4 u on Dalston Lane when right opposite, the sign reminded me that Street Feast had moved from Haggerston back to Dalston. I had been to Street Feast when it was right opposite mine at Hackney Downs Studios, and then I also popped into Gin Stock at Haggerston but Friday was opening night at Dalston Yard. Perfect time for a quick dinner. 


I rallied the troops and headed straight to the Rotary Bar for a Negroni. Perfect for the hot summer's evening. The new location is massive with a few different rooms to explore. As per usual many a tour was done before I could commit to any dinner choice. 






Amelia went for Yum Jungle and more specifically the Blackened Calamari and chips. The calamari was not at all chewy as some can be especially in some chain restaurants. It was nice... but nothing ground breaking. 




As usual the atmosphere was amazing and the sun was making everything appear more and more cheerful. Everyone was having a great time. The sun did get a little too much for this young lad who decided the floor was the coolest place to be. 


Tom decided to go to the gyoza box from Rainbo. At £4.50 you get 3 dumplings, some edamame and coleslaw. Probably perfect for the summer. 


And for me... Well after months and months of reading about him and meaning to try it I finally caved and went to The Rib Man. Possibly not weather appropriate but I couldn't resist. 



Once they pile the rib meat into the massive roll you have the choice of BBQ or hot sauce. With my chilli additiction, hot sauce was the only possible answer, especially as the Holy Fuck sauce is legendary. And let me tell you... it's hot. The first bite hits you with a big old spicy whack.. but its not unpleasantly hot. Just warming. The meat is ridiculously tender. Definitely worth all the fuss! 


As it was opening night at the new location, a few things hadn't quite been finished off. 



As usual Street Feast lived up to their reputation as one of the best street food markets in London. I will definitely be popping in again before they move again to get the full line up. 



Street Feast
Dalston Yard
Hartwell Street
E8 3DU

No comments:

Post a Comment