Tuesday 14 January 2014

When Mac Met Cheese Pop-up at The Russet

I'm afraid December's madness is to blame for this late post. In December every single night seems to be filled with some kind of Christmas festivities and then I have a pre-Christmas birthday just to top it off. The whole month is just a daze of eating, drinking, eating, drinking, and so on.

Anyway January is upon us and most people have quietened down due to either lack of funds or fear of liver failure. I am never as extreme as to go for a total dry january... just a damp one. I am trying to limit the amount I go out to eat and drink at the moment but couldn't resist when I saw this little number on Twitter.











Embedded image permalink

Well seeing as I live within a ridiculous close distance to The Russet, a lovely cafe/ restaurant/ bar in Hackney Down Studios - how could I resist? The January diet was dumped and off we went on Friday night to eat some Mac and Cheese. I had already tried When Mac Met Cheese at the last Feast so new I was going to get a good feeding. 


The Russet was busier than ever and after a slight confusion as to whether we had to queue up to the bar to be seated or not, we sat down and perused the choice of cheese goodness. I went for the Carlos The Cactus as I always go for the spicy option and was advised to add bacon lardons. My friend went for Mum's classic with added pulled pork. 




When the boxes of cheesy goodness arrived, we were ready and hungry. My one, with the jalepeno's adding a kick and the bacon lardons adding an extra salty savoury treat was delicious.. The sauce is so cheesy it should be impossible. They also make every mac and cheese to order so its all freshly cooked meaning its less stodgy. Perfect winter comfort food which was easily washed down with a glass of white wine or two...



Is it rich? Yes. Did I feel slightly sick towards the end? Possibly.. Would I do it all over again? Most definitely. When Mac Met Cheese are at the Russet every night until this Friday. If you're in the neighbourhood and haven't been - get yourself there immediately! It's basically towards the end of January anyway, you might as well call the diets off!  


17 Amhurst Terrace
London
E8 2BT

No comments:

Post a Comment