Thursday 14 March 2013

White Rabbit


Last night I finally got a chance to try out White Rabbit. We took my mum who despite having two daughters living in Dalston and only living in Spitalfields, has rarely made it out further than Shoreditch (apart from one incident when I bumped into her at 10pm on a Saturday night at The Haggerston... which I don't want to talk about).



Anyway White Rabbit is tucked down Bradbury Street just opposite Dalston Jazz Bar. I started with a very yummy Elderflower Tom Collins whilst we looked through the menu. The main problem was the fact that we wanted to try everything. The very helpful waitress suggested 2 dishes per person with a couple of sides.





We started with a HamHock Terrine which was served with warm bread and chutney - delish. Then the sharing plates started to trickle in. The sardines were prettily presented and perfectly cooked. The mussels and cockles were in a really tasty broth which I would have drunk with a ladle if one had been there. 



The surprising star of the show was the Jerusalem Artichokes with puree and a parsley dust. It was pretty much everyone's favourite despite all 3 of us being the least vegetarian people you will ever meet. It got devoured before I even had a chance to take a snap which says it all. 



Even though we were all stuffed my mum's sweet tooth got the better of her and she ordered a desert. It was a type of deconstructed rhubarb panacotta and it was polished off quicker than I would like to admit. 




Overall I cannot recommend this place enough. I would maybe say 2 plates each with extras is a bit much - we were full by the time the potato waffles and duck arrived (I struggled through). Apart from that the only criticism I can come up with is possible some bread would have helped to mop up the sauce in the mussels. All in all it was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time and all of us hopped home happy little bunnies.

1 comment:

  1. It looks incredible! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete