Friday 8 March 2013

Feast

I'm a bad blogger. I apologise. But I am now going to tell you about last night. Last night was Feast at Tobacco Docks in Wapping. I bought a ticket for my sister and myself to go and indulge all of our foodie cravings. We weren't disappointed. 




We started with Bone Daddies as soon as we walked in. I had been wanting to try this for ages and this little taster just made me want to go and have a mega-sized portion. We had their classic Tontanmen. Rich broth with a real kick, pork mince and half a soft boiled egg. Delicious. 



Next up we headed to the upstairs and had a wonder with a glass of wine to tactfully choose our next victim. We were drawn in by a massive queue for Anna Mae's Mac and Cheese. It's true what they say about the British and queues... we have to join them. 




We went for the Spicy Juan. I can't resist a chilli. It was the ultimate bowl of comfort food and I was surprised how well the coriander worked. 




Next we needed a food break/ wine stop but then eventually I psyched myself up for trying my first oyster in over 14 years. My memories of oysters were not pleasant... chewy salt water. But I was told by the lovely staff at The Wright Brothers to add some of the shallot vinegar and braved it..... and it wasn't too bad. Would I order 6 of them.. I'm probably not quite there yet. But I didn't hate it - must be growing up. 



We went back upstairs and decided we wanted something meaty. I spotted a stall for Beagle, a new restaurant opening next month in Hoxton. We went for the fried rabbit with black bean salsa. I'm afraid to say I didn't take a picture as it looked so good I forgot all about documenting it! It was probably the most surprisingly good thing I ate all night. Am definitely going to be booking a table there ASAP. 

We rolled home at about 11pm. We had a great time and got to try all sorts and between the 2 of us we probably spent about £25 on food. Not bad at all. If I had to pick a winner it would be the fried rabbit from Beagle.. But quite frankly it was all really amazing and I would have stayed for days and tried everything if I could. 

If you can get yourself a ticket for this weekend all I can say is go. And go hungry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment