Tuesday 28 May 2013

Field Day

When my friend offered me a ticket to go to Field Day a week before the day, I jumped at the chance. This was Field Day's third year in Victoria Park and hopefully they are not going anywhere anytime soon. In the few days leading up to Saturday, I looked at the line-up and realised that apart from about two of the acts I was pretty lost. Undeterred, I turned to my good friend Spotify and listened to the Field Day 2013 playlist giving myself a bit more of an idea of what to expect. Some people might turn away from a one day festival full of bands they didn't know but I liked to stay positive and think of it as a day of bands and DJs I didn't know YET. 



A friendly game of male v female tug of war. 


We arrived at about 2pm deciding that if we started at 12 chances are we would need to go to bed by 8pm. Unfortunately, this did mean that we missed some of the good earlier shows but you can’t win them all. Thank god it was sunny. After Friday’s torrential rain and our WhatsApp conversations regarding wellies, which my autocorrect changed to ‘do you think I need willies?’ much to Mo’s amusement, the sun was a welcome change. Us Brits are always just so much happier when it’s sunny. 



Glad the wellies weren't actually needed in the end. 


Apparently noone told me about the new stripes dress code. 




My highlight of the day was Disclosure who were just bloody amazing. Mo’s was Django Django at the end of the night. Four Tet managed to have the coolest set with these enormous balloons which reminded me of that old Panasonic advert with the different coloured bouncing balls. 



All in all a bloody good day. Never a long bar queue and even the toilets generally had some loo roll for most the day. I will definitely be booking another ticket next year. The night ended with a go on a fairground ride (the one with the spinning chairs) followed by an after party at The Shacklewell Arms. To be honest I think I've been recovering now for the last 2 days but was it worth it? Hell yes. 

Field Day Festival
Victoria Park 



No comments:

Post a Comment