Sunday 9 June 2013

Dalston Roof Park

Dalston Roof Park had seemed like a far off dreamland with the summer we've been having. It was introduced to me a few summers ago by my sister but this year I've noticed they've really upped their publicity. Finally, last week the weather brightened up and I decided it was time to declare summer officially open with a climb up the stairs. The entrance to the park is at the bottom of Ashwin Street (which is basically opposite Dalston Junction Station), next to Cafe Oto. They charge a £3 charity donation which gives you entrance for the whole summer - pretty reasonable really!




After the walk up the stairs it was time to reward ourselves with a cocktail. Faith and I went for the Dalston Old Sage - a perfect refreshing treat, it was similar to a Mojito but with a hint of sage due to the leave shoved in there. The other cocktails looked pretty yummy too - I might make it my aim to try every single one over the summer (manageable I'm sure). 


Thank you to the creepy shadow man. 
I love it on the roof garden - everyone is always just so cheery whilst they try and soak up any rays London gives us. If nothing else its always good people watching. 




This year they have also opened a cafe called 'Merci Marie' on the floor below. They also put on  a load of events throughout the summer - take a look at the website to double check whether the park is closed for a private function on the night you are looking to go. 



Since the weekend the weather has gone back to being - well let's face it crap. Lets hope it brightens up again soon so I can get myself back up there to work on my tan/ cocktail menu challenge. 


Dalston Roof Park
Print House
18 Ashwin St
London
E8 3DL

0207 275 0825

No comments:

Post a Comment