Friday 7 June 2013

Engine Hotdogs at Hackney House


Yesterday evening I had booked my first professional haircut in over a decade. I had been scarred by French hairdressers using basically clippers to form what I can only call a whi-fro. So after years of just trimming it myself or asking friends to hack at it once in a blue moon, I decided it was time to hand the curls over to the pros. I had planned for Hannah to meet me post hair appointment at Luke Jacob on Commercial Street in case I needed to immediately cry over a bottle of wine. I shouldn't have worried. I was in very capable hands and will tell you more about the lovely place in a future post. 



Once Hannah had assured me the hair was fine, we went in search of drink and food. We wanted to eat outside to make the most of not being absolutely freezing but most places were rammed or had no outside place. We were thinking of heading back towards Dalston way but walked by Hackney House. It's the place opposite the Tea Building with the amazing fencing and red plastic front. I had been meaning to pop in for ages to visit Street Kitchen but unfortunately they weren't there. Instead there was Yalla Yalla and Engine Hotdogs. 



We both decided we fancied a hot dog and plus the little red engine is really cute - how could we resist?

Hannah was loving her Cheese and Bacon Dog. They even gave her some dill pickles as we asked very nicely. Just look at her happy Hot Dog face!



I went for the Hose "A" as I like anything spicy and you know A for Alice. It was bloody tasty but could have probably done with a bit more of a kick - I am a bit of a chilli fiend. Also the beef hot dog had a bit more of a firmer skin which made it a little hard to bite without it all getting a bit messy! The taste more than made up for this though. Plus at £5.00, they were massive so really good value. 


We sat in the Yalla Yalla area though as we ordered a bottle of Prosecco - at £20 it would have been rude not to! The food at Yalla Yalla looked pretty good, especially the houmous and pitta breads - I will definitely be popping in again to eat (order more Prosecco). 



Prosecco and hotdogs... we basically made our very our Bubble Dogs! Do I think the 2 go together particularly? No. Do I like Prosecco? Yes. Do I like hotdogs? Yes. Worked for me. 


Engine
186 Shoreditch High Street
London
E1 6HU

Yalla Yalla
Shoreditch Pop-Up
186 Shoreditch High Street
London
E1 6HU
07725841372



No comments:

Post a Comment